There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Saying "I Do"

Photography by Sylvia Steininger & Jeff Smith

Now is the time when clients are in full wedding planning mode. While all of the reception details are so fun and fabulous to agonize over, I wanted to take this opportunity to focus on the ceremony, as it often gets over looked with more colorful and exciting details.

The ceremony is the real reason why everyone has come from far and wide to be with you.  These are (hopefully) your nearest and dearest friends and family. Your ceremony can be an excellent opportunity to include those that mean the most to you.  I have seen too many ceremonies that are rushed through to get to the martini luge, the five-course meal and the rockin’ dance band! While those are all fantastic moments, your ceremony is the time you become one family and one group of friends.

It doesn’t matter what your religious or cultural backgrounds are, there can be a way to create a ceremony that reflects the two of you and includes your guests.  The picture above is from a Quaker ceremony and what I loved most about it is the guests were invited to share a story or offer advice during the ceremony.  Anyone who wanted to speak was encouraged.  It was touching and heartfelt and yes, it was longer than your typical ceremony but it is something I still remember years later and I am sure everyone else who was there remembers.

XO
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment