There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Danish Delight


While I love living in Sonoma County and all that it has to offer, I also treasure partaking in traditions and feasts from other cultures.  Last Saturday we spent the entire day enjoying a traditional Danish Christmas dinner, complete with herring, gravlax, roast pork and the famous ris ala mande among many fabulous dishes.  While doing some research on this meal (to make sure I spelled everything correctly), I came across this:

The Danish Christmas dinner is very much influenced by the fact that Danes
love good food and the coziness - (we call that hygge) - of eating together with
friends and family. The concept of hygge is best descriped as warm, fuzzy,
cozy, comfortable feeling of well-being.

Love it ~ isn’t that what friends, family and wine country is truly about!
xo
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment