There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Alexander Valley Vineyards Wedding

I had a fabulous wedding yesterday at Alexander Valley Vineyards.  The wedding took place at the beautiful private residence of the owners as it was their only daughter's wedding. 200 guests took in the amazing (and I mean amazing) views of the surrounding vineyards as they enjoyed a gorgeous family style dinner.

Probably my favorite aspect though was the communal effort that went into the 50+ centerpieces for the  farm tables.  The family was able to grow the majority of the flowers on the property and family, friends and neighbors worked together the day before to make all of the centerpieces.  Normally I don't think it is the best idea to do one's own flowers because of the work involved but this turned out differently.  It became an opportunity for a community to come together and create something beautiful for the celebration.  In the words of the bride's brother, "We are blessed, may it continue forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment