There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Time for Change


One thing I have learned after planning over a hundred weddings is that you can always improve and re-create yourself.  Even the most successful designers, chefs, and winemakers that I am lucky enough to call friends continually push themselves to get better and do things differently. 

Last night was a perfect example…we went to Petite Syrah for dinner.  Josh Silvers has been a successful chef and restaurant owner for 12 years with Syrah Bistro which in the restaurant world is a lifetime.  He recently opened a more casual restaurant a block away called Jackson’s in Santa Rosa’s historic Railroad Square and it has been extremely successful.  While some people would be content to operate on auto-pilot, he decided it was time to take a chance and re-invent Syrah. 

The interior got some new paint, tables and chairs and the menu got a complete overhaul.  He has focused on small plates which are meant to share…this is my favorite way of eating with friends and I have to say the food was outstanding.  I admire the guts it takes to take something that was successful and push it to new levels.
xo
Amy

1 comment: