There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gorgeous Campovida


I went to visit a new location last week that absolutely stunned me in its natural beauty and simplicity.  Campovida is located about 30 minutes north of Healdsburg but feels worlds away.  It is a fantastic location for a true destination wedding where you take over the entire property, sleeping many of your guests (the rest stay in town 5 minutes away).

This would be my ideal wedding ~ I would start the weekend off with a welcome BBQ or casual wood fired pizza party, enjoying delicious wines from the surrounding area, while guests slowly gather from the drive up 101.  The next day, I would get up early for a rejuvenating yoga class with those motivated guests before enjoying a gorgeous, outdoor ceremony in the serene learning arbor, followed by some yummy cocktails and hors d' oeuvres in the organic gardens.  I would then meander across the property to the super cool hop barn for dinner and dancing late into the evening.  The next day, I would have a a casual farewell brunch, complete with a bocce ball tournament before everyone heads back to reality...the weekend feeling like a dream.
xo
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment