There are so many wonderful things available to us here in the wine country. I am constantly finding new wines, restaurants and food items worth writing about and I hope that you will enjoy my discoveries.

This blog is not just about weddings, but about what makes this part of the world such a draw; great food, excellent wine and wonderful people. I hope you enjoy reading these posts and can find yourself here, enjoying the same amazing things we do.

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Back-Up Plan



It was my daughter’s birthday party this past weekend and I had planned for a French themed brunch in a park near our house.  The past two years it has been sunny and warm for her birthday so I felt confident that the weather would again cooperate and our friends and children would be playing petanque and eating their baguettes under sunny skies.

Unfortunately I was wrong…I began to watch the weather reports mid-week and knew then that I had better come up with a back-up plan.  Being an event planner does not leave me much wiggle room with friends and family, they certainly expect me to have all bases covered.

I was lucky to come across a fabulous pottery studio that was more than accommodating to my ideas and wishes and they opened two hours early on Sunday so we could have the place to ourselves.  Everyone had a fantastic time, in fact, I think my daughter had more fun painting than she would have had playing petanque and I was able to doze back to sleep at 3 AM on Sunday when I awoke to the sound of rain.

XO
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment